New Features for MTC3 ¶
By: Javex on Feb. 12, 2012, 2:40 p.m.
today we are excited to inform you that we have added a bunch of new features and improvements.
A rough overview:
- You can now search for challenges and authors. If you search for an author, you will get displayed all challenges created by that author.
- The Ticker at the bottom now supports multi-language and so it will be adjusted to german if you switched to "DE". We also made performance improvements
- We introduced caching will hugely increased performance (bringing loading times from up to 5 seconds down to .3 seconds)
- The view on solved challenges was improved, the title is now always displayed but it remains collapsed by the default in list view
- Small bug fixes
- Slight improvements in style (e.g. unified buttons)
I would like to raise your attention on caching: We need your support on this. The caching was coded in a way that you should never notice it being active, the complete site should be up to date at any time. But if you do submit a solution and don't immediatley appear in any Hall of Fame or if a new user registers and doesn't appear in the Hall of Fame, we would love your feedback with as much information as possible.
We tested this feature, but we need a real live environment to see if everything is working as planned.
If you ever find anything missing don't worry: Your changes were saved, you just have to wait up to 2 hours before the changes appear on this page. If it is the case, please contact us, as we will fix this as soon as possible.
You should now notice a huge increase in speed, although sometimes it will still take time as the cache has to be updated from time to time.
Have fun with this new version,
Your MTC3 Team