Forum

Error with Points on Challenge "From Russia with Love"

Error with Points on Challenge "From Russia with Love"  

By: argh on Sept. 4, 2013, 8:44 p.m.

Bei der Punkteberechnung scheint hier noch etwas schief zu laufen. Wenn ich die Punkteformel richtig interpretiere sollte ich für d=0 nicht 0 Punkte kriegen, sondern unendlich viele. Ich bitte um entsprechende Anpassung. [HTML_REMOVED]

Re: Challenge  

By: Greko on Sept. 5, 2013, 10:40 a.m.

Yes, what argh says seems to be correct. But if that was the only mistake all of us that solved it within the first day should get 0 points due to that mistake. What I saw at the challenge hall of fame is this: Start date:2013-09-04-16:30 and solved at 2013-09-04 14:45:09 so that would mean that it was solved before even published. So I believe that somebody should also check the "clocks" of the website.

Re: Challenge  

By: Javex on Sept. 6, 2013, 6:15 p.m.

I checked the issue and it seems to be related to timezones. The problem here is actually that no one ever cared about timezones. And while everything is stored as timestamp (which is relative and thus not timezone-dependent) the generation of these timestamps seem to be creating problems.

Right now, there is no fix for this, just to report to me whenever you encounter such a problem. I will then fix this manually until I figure out where this came from.

Thanks for your report, you now have been awarded the points appropriately.

Re: Error with Points on Challenge "From Russia with Love"  

By: Javex on Sept. 6, 2013, 8:04 p.m.

I was able to trace down the problem and apply a hotfix so this does not happen in the future. Additionally, I reverted your entry to what it previously was, because the error was in the challenge (which started two hours earlier than stated) not in the time you submitted a solution.

I also split these posts in the a seperate topic to avoid cluttering the actual challenge discussion.

Thanks again for your report.

Currently 10 guests and 0 members are online.