Forum

PDF View + Additional Files

PDF View + Additional Files  

By: GeorgH on Nov. 26, 2012, 1:27 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I'm currently experiencing some problems with the MTC3 website: When viewing challenges, usually you can click "Read more…" and a PDF view of the challenge's slides would pop up. However, that does seem to work any more for me; it now says:

"Sorry, we were unable to identify the document at the original source. Verify that the document still exists."

Therefore I have to download the PDF to view it.
Also, when I try to download the additional files for some challenges, they just redirect me to the challenge's PDF slides. Therefore I cannot access the additional files and can't solve some of the challenges (which I would very much like to do! [HTML_REMOVED] ), since their ciphertexts are on additional files.

Thanks!!

Re: PDF View + Additional Files  

By: Veselovský on Nov. 27, 2012, 12:01 p.m.

They probably have problems with server or something.

Just copy "http://www.mysterytwisterc3.org/images/challenges/" followed by the name of the file you want into address-bar of your browser.
You can find the name of each additional file by looking at the link of the additional file and copying its address.

Re: PDF View + Additional Files  

By: Javex on Nov. 27, 2012, 10:15 p.m.

Hello,

yes, there was indeed a bug introduced with the last update. We changed the way downloads work so we could keep statistics on which file gets downloaded the most. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work with the Google PDF display. We applied a quick hotfix, so now you should be able to view PDFs on the page again.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Javex

Currently 23 guests and 0 members are online.