Forum

Who cares about the spam in this forum ?!?

Who cares about the spam in this forum ?!?  

By: TBREAKER on Feb. 14, 2013, 5:12 p.m.

I suppose no one… [HTML_REMOVED]

Re: Who cares about the spam in this forum ?!?  

By: Javex on Feb. 18, 2013, 6:29 p.m.

Hello tbreaker,

I deleted all recently reported spam posts and their corresponding users. We are fighting to prevent spam. Unfortunately, it seems the captchas we implemented do not help to prevent the spam we are recieving.

The problem here is that captchas are today not solved by algorithms but by people: You can get 1000 captchas solved for something around a dollar. Thus, there is no way to prevent those captchas.

We are currently looking into other solutions (there were some suggestions here), but implementing those takes time.

However, we encourage every user to report spam so we can handle it more quickly. Unfortunately, phpBB does not offer a way to get notified about new reports via mail so we have to check back manually.

As a result, we are very happy if you report spam as it makes our work a lot easier. However, it is not easy to prevent spam at all.

Regards,
javex

By: TBREAKER on Feb. 20, 2013, 12:31 a.m.

Thank you very much ! [HTML_REMOVED]

Great job…

By: steveri024 on Feb. 4, 2019, 7:05 p.m.

Thank you taxi orly very much ! [HTML_REMOVED]

Great job…

I want to reppot someone but I do not how to do it but if I do it it I will be sorry for that person.
Thanks!

By: be on July 30, 2019, 7:04 p.m.

Thank you taxi orly very much ! [HTML_REMOVED]
Great job…

I want to report someone but I do not how to do it but if I do it it I will be sorry for that person.
Thanks!

If you don't want to report something via a forum post, just send us a private message (PM) via the forum software, and then one of the admins takes care about it. Currently we have to delete about 1-2 posts per month which are spam (hidden advertisements, inadequate comments, etc).

Currently 19 guests and 0 members are online.