Forum

Re: Challenge  

By: be on April 10, 2012, 11:19 p.m.

I'm having the same problem as the people before me. I have deciphered a readable english text but it still tells me that it is wrong.
I have read all your clues but I can't seem to find the correct solution :/

You got all letters right (the set of lower case and the set of capital letters), but the numbers really don't make sense. Please have a look in a history book when did this happen :-)

By: datosh on May 8, 2012, 10:10 a.m.

Hey,
I decyphered the text as well but the page still tells me that it's wrong.
I have non of these weired BIGlowCASE things in my Text and left out all the ", ! ." etc…

Could an Admin PM me plz and have a look at my solution …

By: aurelie on May 8, 2012, 9:09 p.m.

Hey,
I decyphered the text as well but the page still tells me that it's wrong.

Hey datosh,

I just looked at the last solution you submitted (@ 10:08) and I noticed a typo in the second part of the text. Please try again :)

By: maddoxik on Sept. 1, 2012, 8:36 a.m.

I think I have right solution with right lower and capital letters and right numbers but when I send my solution I get that is wrong.

Can someone look at my solution (over PM) and tell me what is wrong?

By: be on Sept. 1, 2012, 4:56 p.m.

I think I have right solution with right lower and capital letters and right numbers but when I send my solution I get that is wrong.

I had a look at the last solutions you sent in. The one closest to be correct still had a lower / upper case mismatch in the word "Would'".
If this hint doesn't help please send me a PM.

By: maddoxik on Sept. 3, 2012, 9:26 p.m.

I had a look at the last solutions you sent in. The closest still had a lower / upper case mismatch in the word "Would'". If this hint doesn't help please send me a PM.

You are right, problem was with font in MS Notepad where I missed lower/capital letter. I will use better editor in future.
Thank you for help.

By: catastrophy on Sept. 15, 2012, 9:42 p.m.

I've got the clear text and I've arranged the upper case vs lower case, but I really can't seem to figure out what you mean by the numbers. It's driving me crazy and I've only got 6 trials. Please help.

By: be on Sept. 17, 2012, 9:05 p.m.

I've got the clear text and I've arranged the upper case vs lower case, but I really can't seem to figure out what you mean by the numbers. It's driving me crazy and I've only got 6 trials. Please help.

Hello,
the template describes, that an alphabet is used which consists of 62 characters. So you first have to bring three partial sets into the right order (the set of 26 capital letters, the set of 26 lower-case letters, and the set of the 10 decimal digits) which together form the 62-character alphabet. Then you have to find the right shift parameter. Furthermore, you could validate the numbers by checking when the historical "events" happened described in the plaintext.
If this doesn't help, please send me a private message. If you are able to solve it now, please give others a hint, which could be helpful for them not to make your mistake.
Best regards, BE

By: jchen76201 on Jan. 21, 2013, 6:45 a.m.

For the upper and lower cases: is it in sentence form or what? I tried many different attempts, but couldn't get it right.

By: aurelie on Jan. 21, 2013, 5:50 p.m.

Hello,
the alphabet of both the cipher- and the plaintext consists of 62 characters: 26 capital letters, 26 lower-case letters plus 10 decimal digits. If you find the correct key, the use of upper-case and lower-case letters is revealed.
Extra hint: Make sure that you get the correct numbers.

Please let us know if you managed to solve the challenge or need more help. Feel free to send me a message if you have any further questions!

By: be on Jan. 21, 2013, 7:49 p.m.

For the upper and lower cases: is it in sentence form or what? I tried many different attempts, but couldn't get it right.

The plaintext is a meaningful sentence.
If you want more help please explain in more details what your different attempts are.
It's important to identify the whole alphabet (which consists of three disjunct partial alphabets) and to identify the value of the Caesar shift.

By: jchen76201 on Jan. 23, 2013, 1:59 a.m.

Do you have to put all the alphabets together and do the shift, or do the shift separately? I tried many different things and only have 8 attempts left.

By: be on Jan. 23, 2013, 10:48 p.m.

Do you have to put all the alphabets together and do the shift, or do the shift separately?

You have to put the three partial alphabets together defining the alphabet. This combined alphabet is then used as usual in shift ciphers with one shift value to do the encryption or decryption.

By: CAR on Jan. 27, 2013, 6:14 p.m.

Hello,

I just sent in the solution, but the website still tells me it's wrong. I did check my solution many times but I can't find any mistake, neither numbers nor letters (capitalized and normal).

Could somebody check my solution and give me a hint, please?

By: be on Jan. 28, 2013, 2:01 a.m.

I just sent in the solution, but the website still tells me it's wrong. I did check my solution many times but I can't find any mistake, neither numbers nor letters (capitalized and normal).
Could somebody check my solution and give me a hint, please?

You are welcome. Please send me an email or a PM and I'll check it. BE

Currently 15 guests and 0 members are online.