Forum

Re: Challenge  

By: CAR on Jan. 29, 2013, 12:48 p.m.

Ok, I got it now.

Little Hint: The three alphabets taken as one big alphabet is circular. So after z comes A and after Z comes 0 and so on. If your key is, for example, to go "one left" in this circular representation, you get a plaintext z out of a ciphertext A. But you will still get a capitalized letter out of the ciphertext B - it will be A.
So instead of replacing capitalized letters by your interpretation of the text do nothing but simply use the shift value for every letter. Don't use the "only the first letter in a sentence is capitalized"-rule. ;)

By: NightSaber on Feb. 26, 2013, 9:05 a.m.

I am slightly confused as to what the answer could be. I got a readable text, but, it doesn't mention that it is right. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By: be on Feb. 26, 2013, 11:52 a.m.

I got a readable text, but, it doesn't mention that it is right. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Please read the posts in this forum. Did you already identify the three alphabets making up the complete alphabet?

By: KeNdo on April 22, 2013, 6:51 p.m.

Hi,

Im also certain that my solution is correct, but the system didn't except my answer. Could please someone check my submission and give me a hint what my mistake might be. Thanks!

By: Walli on April 23, 2013, 4:06 p.m.

Send me an PM with your solution and i'll try to help ;-)

By: teifi on Dec. 13, 2013, 11:43 p.m.

Hallo,

ich bin mir ebenfalls sicher, die korrekte Lösung gesendet zu haben.
Könnt Ihr das bitte prüfen.

Gruß

By: teifi on Dec. 16, 2013, 12:56 p.m.

Hallo,

vielen Dank für den Hinweis.
"Meine" Lösung ist jetzt richtig.

Grüße

By: Hafner on March 21, 2014, 11:27 a.m.

Hello,
I haved decyphered the message but I get error when inserting text like a solution …. I do have numbers, big and small letters, no extra signs to delete… Can I submit answer elsewhere ? Thx

By: aurelie on March 22, 2014, 4:52 p.m.

Hello,

I haved decyphered the message but I get error when inserting text like a solution …. I do have numbers, big and small letters, no extra signs to delete…

I've checked the solutions you submitted and will write you a PM about this challenge. You made common mistakes so reading this forum carefully might help you.

Best regards

By: BoZt on May 7, 2014, 11:57 p.m.

Nabend,

Ich denke auch das ich die richtige Lösung eingegeben habe, leider bekomme ich jedoch den Hinweis das sie falsch ist.

MfG

Kann mir jemand weiter helfen :-) ?

By: be on May 12, 2014, 5:30 p.m.

Kann mir jemand weiter helfen :-) ?

Ja, senden Sie mir eine Email oder eine PM, dann schaue ich gerne über Ihre Lösung. MfG be

By: funkyjunky on June 10, 2014, 1:21 p.m.

Could anyone explain to me how the altherbet is setout with upper and lowercase as cant find any exzamples on line cheers all

By: be on June 10, 2014, 6:02 p.m.

Could anyone explain to me how the altherbet is setout with upper and lowercase as cant find any exzamples on line cheers all

Please carefully read the challenge description and the discussions in the forum (e.g. CAR and aureli explained it in detail):
The overall alphabet of both the cipher- and the plaintext consists of 3 alphabets: 26 capital letters, 26 lower-case letters plus 10 decimal digits.
The template describes, that the overall alphabet consists of 62 characters. So you first have to bring three partial alphabets (3 sets) into the right order (the set of 26 capital letters, the set of 26 lower-case letters, and the set of the 10 decimal digits) which together form the 62-character overall alphabet. Then you have to find the right shift parameter. Furthermore, you could validate the numbers by checking when the historical "events" happened described in the plaintext.
Best regards, BE

By: dchapman2690 on Dec. 4, 2014, 4:37 p.m.

Ok, I have read this forum all the way through. Like many others, I have a solution I believe to be correct but it isn't. I think the problem may be in the numbers, since my solution is grammatically and syntactically correct. Would anyone be willing to let me PM them my solution in order to help me out?

Thanks,

DChapman

By: be on Dec. 4, 2014, 11:30 p.m.

Would anyone be willing to let me PM them my solution in order to help me out?

Yes, pls send me a PM. Best regards, be

Currently 36 guests and 0 members are online.