Forum

Re: Challenge  

By: nik on Dec. 29, 2014, 2:39 p.m.

Hello,

Just joined today, really nice place to exercise.

I seem to have a problem pasting/typing the solution. And it was checked quite a few times before. Any chance to PM my solution?

Cheers,
Nik

By: be on Dec. 31, 2014, 3:37 p.m.

I seem to have a problem pasting/typing the solution. And it was checked quite a few times before.

Hello Nik,
please send me your solution and I'll check it. Best regards, be

By: pramod on Feb. 26, 2015, 6:01 p.m.

Can anyone pls help me with whats wrong with my decrypted caeser cipher? Can i ping someone with my solution?

By: tux77 on March 3, 2015, 5:12 p.m.

Hello pramod,

You can send your solution to the creator of the challenge by mail or send it to an admin in MP with a text to explain it, I had problems too when I solved this challenge, with the validation, because you have to check that all CAPITAL and LOWER characters are good, the numbers too, number and date have to be coherent with history and time.
If admin or challenge author don't answer you can PM me your solution to see what's wrong with it, for me that was CAPITAL letters if you forgot one the validation don't work ;) .

Great, Tux

By: Flobert on March 8, 2015, 2:41 a.m.

At the begining I did not pay attention enough with numbers, now they are realistic according history, but now I am exhausted to check upper and lower case and see no more source of errors

By: be on March 8, 2015, 7:40 p.m.

At the beginning I did not pay attention enough with numbers, now they are realistic according history, but now I am exhausted to check upper and lower case and see no more source of errors

Hello Flobert,
Maybe you didn't use the correct alphabet: It has a length of 62 characters and consists of the three partial alphabets upper-case letters, lower-case letters, and the 10 digits (0, …, 9). These three partial alphabets have to be arranged in the right order. Not to pay attention to this and only use a 26-character alphabet like done in history is a common mistake solvers initially make.
If this hint doesn't help, please send me an email with your solution and the alphabet used.
Best regards, Bernhard

By: be on March 8, 2015, 7:49 p.m.

Can anyone pls help me with whats wrong with my decrypted caeser cipher? Can i ping someone with my solution?

Hello pramod, I saw you solved the challenge. Could you give a hint to the other forum members who might be interested what helped yourself. Best regards, be

By: Gabriel on April 15, 2015, 11:43 p.m.

I'd like to pm my solution to someone, who I'd ask for a hint, since I tried a few variants already and have no clue what could be possibly wrong. I read the thread as well but came to think that I made a mistake which didn't occur until now.

Thx in advance

By: be on April 17, 2015, 7:13 p.m.

I'd like to pm my solution to someone

I am happy to assist. BE

By: ckolonko on Sept. 8, 2015, 6:44 p.m.

Hi everyone. I've created the 62 character alphabet and decrypted the message with correct dates, upper and lower case. When I submit the decoded message it isn't recognised. Could I please PM it to someone.

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry, please ignore. I had missed out a large amount of text due to being a tired dumb-arse.

By: RamonRobben on Jan. 11, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

I have the plaintext english message without the weird EncRypT things.
I don't know about the numbers if I should use the date 2016 or if i should leave the numbers as they are..

Re: Challenge Caesar Encryption  

By: be on Jan. 21, 2016, 7:50 p.m.

I have the plaintext english message without the weird EncRypT things.
I don't know about the numbers if I should use the date 2016 or if i should leave the numbers as they are..

Did you use an alphabet with 62 characters, which consists of the three partial alphabets upper-case letters, lower-case letters, and the 10 digits (0, …, 9)? These three partial alphabets have to be arranged in the right order. Then the shift has to be done over the complete alphabet and you get the correct substitution for the given digits.
There are some hints in the forum before which are also helpful.
If this hint doesn't help, please send me an email with your solution and the alphabet used.

By: mikejackson32@live.co.uk on Oct. 28, 2016, 4:09 p.m.

I have a question about idea that the 3 alphabet sets have to be in the correct order - my question is why is that necesssary? For instance I have just taken the 3 separate component alphabets, and shifted each of them by the same rotation value. If the order of the alphabets was important then would we not occasionally substitute numbers for letters in this example? Having said all that I have a text that makes absolute sense, but is not correct for some reason. I wonder if my capitalization is maybe not correct because I do not understand the relationship between the alphabet sets - can anyone explain further, I can PM my solution if necessary?

Challenge Caesar Encryption  

By: Theofanidis on Oct. 28, 2016, 5:11 p.m.

Dear mikejackson32

Please send me a PM in order to assist you.

Best Regards
George Theofanidis

By: be on Oct. 31, 2016, 6:15 p.m.

I have a question about idea that the 3 alphabet sets have to be in the correct order - my question is why is that necesssary? … I wonder if my capitalization is maybe not correct because I do not understand the relationship between the alphabet sets[/quote:1atlhbfm]
Hello,
in addition to the answer by Theofanidis: Maybe a small example could help to make this clear. Again there are parts which together make up the new whole alphabet. Consider three cases:

1) There are two parts, both have the same length.
Let's consider the two part-alphabets [abcd] and [ABCD]. They can be combined to the new whole alphabet [abcdABCD] or [ABCDabcd].
Now think about the word "Bad" as cleartext.

• Shift by 1 makes no difference: In the first case you get: CbA. In the second case you get Cba.
  • Shift by 3 makes no difference: In the first case you get: adC. In the second case you get adC.
  • Shift by 4 makes no difference: In the first case you get: bAD. In the second case you get Cba.
  • Shift by 7 makes no difference: In the first case you get: ADc. In the second case you get ADc.

2) There are two parts which have different lengths.
Let's consider the two part-alphabets [abcd] and [ABC]. They can be combined to the new whole alphabet [abcdABC] or [ABCabcd].
Now think about the word "Bad" as cleartext.

• Shift by 1 makes no difference: In the first case you get: CbA. In the second case you get CbA.
  • Shift by 3 makes no difference: In the first case you get: bdC. In the second case you get bdC.
  • Shift by 4 makes no difference: In the first case you get: dAa. In the second case you get cAa.
  • Shift by 6 makes no difference: In the first case you get: ACc. In the second case you get ACc.

3) Lets assume you have the three part-alphabets [abcd], [ABC], and [12].
They can be combined to the new whole alphabet in 6 differnt ways:
[abcdABC12] or [ABCabcd12] or.
[12abcdABC] or [12ABCabcd] or.
[abcd12ABC] or [ABC12abcd].
Now think again about the word "Bad" as cleartext.
Shift by 1 makes a difference:

• In the first case [abcdABC12] you get] you get Cb1.
    So, if your whole alphabet is a combination of three parts, then there is a difference.

Currently 26 guests and 0 members are online.