Forum

Re: Challenge  

By: nichelfish on Dec. 18, 2016, 2 a.m.

I've deciphered a message that I believe is correct, using a 62 character alphabet consisting of lower case, upper case and numerical characters, but the answer isn't accepted. I'm fairly certain I'm making some silly mistake and I wondered if somebody would be willing to see what I've come up with?

Thank you.

Challenge Caesar Encryption  

By: Theofanidis on Dec. 18, 2016, 12:45 p.m.

Dear nichelfish, send me a Private Message (PM) with your findings, in order to assist you

Best Regards
George Theofanidis

By: nichelfish on Dec. 18, 2016, 12:58 p.m.

Thanks for the response Theofanidis but as expected, I think I'd just missed out a bit of punctuation or forgotten about a character somewhere as my next attempt worked. :)

By: markf on Jan. 11, 2017, 4:41 p.m.

It took me about 5 attempts from the plaintext output my program produced to massage the final result that would be accepted, and here's some tips for others who may have trouble:

• Capitalization of words is done as per sentences. Don't just copy and paste your first solution, it won't work.
  • There is one word (not abbreviation) you keep fully in capitals (this one was NOT fun to find and the last one I had an issue with).
  • Punctuation is left as-is and does need to be in final output.
  • There is one abbreviation that is capitals, pertaining to years.
  • There are 2 letters that are (or were in my plaintext) constantly the wrong case, and had to be inverted for EVERY case they exist. I debated a couple of examples, but my final solution had both those letters all lowercase in every word.
  • There is capitalisation on the two words after the hyphenated word. Leave it as it is. (This tripped me up too)
  • If you get the numbers, you don't have to adjust them for the current year, just leave them as per your plaintext output from the ciphertext, if you get the transform right, it's right for all numbers.

I hope this helps someone who reads every message trying to summarize all the main points that have been mentioned so far.

By: a7h5aq on June 11, 2017, 10:10 a.m.

Thanks for the tip! This helped me with the answer!

It took me about 5 attempts from the plaintext output my program produced to massage the final result that would be accepted, and here's some tips for others who may have trouble:

• Capitalization of words is done as per sentences. Don't just copy and paste your first solution, it won't work.
  • There is one word (not abbreviation) you keep fully in capitals (this one was NOT fun to find and the last one I had an issue with).
  • Punctuation is left as-is and does need to be in final output.
  • There is one abbreviation that is capitals, pertaining to years.
  • There are 2 letters that are (or were in my plaintext) constantly the wrong case, and had to be inverted for EVERY case they exist. I debated a couple of examples, but my final solution had both those letters all lowercase in every word.
  • There is capitalisation on the two words after the hyphenated word. Leave it as it is. (This tripped me up too)
  • If you get the numbers, you don't have to adjust them for the current year, just leave them as per your plaintext output from the ciphertext, if you get the transform right, it's right for all numbers.

I hope this helps someone who reads every message trying to summarize all the main points that have been mentioned so far.

Caesar Encryption  

By: ExAstris on May 16, 2018, 1:40 a.m.

Hi, Hallo,

I am fairly sure I got the right solution, but the system refuses it.

I have the letter cases right, I left the punctuation untouched, and I checked the numbers that match the theme of the challenge.

The Caesar shift is the same for letters and digits.

The CT (ciphertext) has 293 characters, including punctuation, and my PT (plaintext) also has 293 characters.

After triple-checking the lower case, upper case, digit and punctuation characters, I cannot detect a mistake.

Am I missing something ?

If capitalization is not consistent with the shift, how are we to know which letters have to be modified?

Thanks, danke,

Eric

By: AnLeRo on May 23, 2018, 12:04 a.m.

Hi Eric,

did you read the previous forum entries?

If you still have problems, you can send me a PM with your solution and I'll check it.

Best regards, Anna

By: entomologyx on Nov. 9, 2018, 2:11 a.m.

Hey ich habe alle Foreneinträge gelesen. Habe 3 unterschiedliche Alphabete gebastelt. Kriege einen sinnvollen Text heraus, und habe auch beachtet welche Zahlen historisch Sinn machen (bei der ersten) und die zweite daraus abgeleitet/versucht zu bruteforcen als das nicht funktioniert hat. Trotzdem ist es falsch. Ein Großbuchstabe im Ciphertext bleibt groß im Plaintext oder?

By: AnLeRo on Nov. 11, 2018, 8:22 p.m.

Hallo,

ich habe mir deine eingereichten Lösungen angesehen und deine erste historisch ermittelte Zahl ist richtig. Allerdings sollten keine Großbuchstaben mitten im Wort auftreten. Dein Alphabet scheint daher noch nicht ganz richtig zu sein.

Falls du noch Fragen hast, kannst du mir auch gerne eine PM schicken.

By: vkaser on Feb. 8, 2019, 10:35 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I have the last attempt to submit an answer but something is wrong. Could anyone check my answer and help me?

Challenge Caesar Encryption  

By: Theofanidis on Feb. 9, 2019, 8:24 a.m.

Dear vkaser

Send me a Private Message (PM) with your answer and i will compare it with mine

Best Regards
George Theofanidis

By: sexton on July 22, 2019, 1:33 p.m.

Beware of "cut and paste" inserting invisible newlines.

By: pyuao on Jan. 10, 2020, 12:36 a.m.

Hello!
I have read the other comments and some seem to have the same problem as me: the number problem. Can i send to someone my answer? I have 6 attempts left. Thank you!

By: tryone144 on Jan. 11, 2020, 12:47 p.m.

Hi pyuao,

please send me a PM with your approach so I can check it and give you the right hints.

Best Regards,
Bernd

By: AlPunk on Jan. 15, 2020, 4:06 p.m.

Ja! Das war das Geheimnis. Sie werden nun der Challenge Hall of Fame als Nummer 1234 hinzugefügt.

Ja, ja… case sensitive…

Tipp: Benutzt die ersten beiden Teile des Schlüssels zusammen und dann den dritten "einarbeiten".

Viel Spaß noch

Currently 16 guests and 0 members are online.