Forum

Re: Challenge  

By: glasshopper on Oct. 7, 2020, 3:55 a.m.

Tried to "Cancel" and tried to Edit/Delete but
Maybe this will work…

Updated on Oct. 8, 2020, 1:02 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: Challenge Caesar Encryption  

By: tryone144 on Oct. 8, 2020, 12:23 a.m.

Hey glasshopper,

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with this challenge. This challenge is however not about fiddling with "correct" capitalization.

As noted in the challenge hints and as @be has mentioned two pages earlier:

// SNIP
Did you use an alphabet with 62 characters, which consists of the three partial alphabets upper-case letters, lower-case letters, and the 10 digits (0, …, 9)? These three partial alphabets have to be arranged in the right order.
// SNIP

For all the people who get stuck and didn't look at the hint or the previous 9 pages:
[size=150]If your numbers look strange or there are some weird capital letters in the plaintext, YOU ARE NOT USING THE CORRECT ALPHABET![/size]
Please carefully read the hints and previous forum posts. You are not required to guess any characters in the plaintext. With the correct alphabet, the plaintext will have the correct case.

Greetings, Bernd

By: glasshopper on Oct. 8, 2020, 12:47 a.m.

Thanks Bernd…

I have met the… Enemy and…
It Is ME!

My apologies,
glasshopper

ps - I though you had already Snipped but…
As You Said, just like in
The Challenge!!

By: ker2x on Dec. 13, 2020, 5:12 p.m.

Same was everyone else. I thought i had the solution right. Yes, the capitalization was weird, i fixed it manually, and pasted it and… it didn't works.

It turn out the number were wrong to.

If you have to change capitalization manually (instead of fixing the alphabet) then you did something wrong.

1) Find the shift key (very easy)
2) Fix your alphabet by adding numbers
3) Fix your alphabet until everything become perfect without manually patching the solution.
4) ???
5) Profit !

Re: Challenge "Caesar Encryption"  

By: gcotrina on Sept. 10, 2022, 6:57 p.m.

Hi everyone,

I wonder whether you could help me with this challenge. I have tried to solve it by hand and I do not know what I am doing wrong. I had tried to decrypted using the shifting of 4 however the systems tells me that I am doing something wrong. I have read previuos posts though I still do not know what I am doing wrong. Could you please help me out with this one.

Kindest regards,

By: newton on Sept. 11, 2022, 11:24 p.m.

Hi, glad you were able to solve the challenge after just 4 more minutes!

By: newton on Sept. 11, 2022, 11:25 p.m.

HI, glad you were able to solve the challenge after just 5 more minutes!

By: Ajneel on Oct. 23, 2022, 1:11 a.m.

I have decrpted the message but i have replaced 62 characters including the exclaimation mark but the answer is incorrect. please let me know if i have to submit the decrpted text if you wnt to refer.

Last edited by: Ajneel on Oct. 23, 2022, 1:19 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: newton on Oct. 23, 2022, 1:19 a.m.

@Ajneel You're close! Check your order of whole sentences and the case of some letters again.

By: ZZ9pZa on Oct. 31, 2022, 4:18 p.m.

I am also struggeling with the solution. I have evertything decoded in nice I assume correct plain text (I am not a native english speaker), converted the numbers and still the solution is not correct. I have read all the comments an am a bit stuck now. Can / Will someone please help me with another hint perhaps?

Don't panic

By: Theofanidis on Oct. 31, 2022, 6:45 p.m.

Dear ZZ9pZa Send me a Private Mesage (PM) to check your solution / findings Kind Regards, George Theofanidis

By: newton on Jan. 5, 2024, 10:27 a.m.

Hi,

we updated and improved the challenge template. Solutions are not affected.

Best,

MysteryTwister team

Last edited by: newton on Jan. 5, 2024, 10:30 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

Currently 99 guests and 0 members are online.