Forum

Re: Challenge "Kaskade-S/T – Part 1"  

By: be on July 28, 2011, 2:39 p.m.

What leading zeros?
Surely the capital letters A-Z have hex values 41,42,43,…,5A so the answer is just a string of these numbers repeated twice.

Hello,
Your last post for this challenge in the forum is a question.
As you solved the challenge in the meantime, could you please add another post giving a hint how you solved it or why this question didn't matter any more.
Thanks for your enduring active contributions.

By: fretty on July 28, 2011, 2:48 p.m.

I am enjoying the challenges on this site and am getting quite a bit of experience.

Basically I did it by hand and ended up with an "alphabet key". I converted the letters into hex via ASCII but for this challenge you have to use the conversion:

A -> 00
B -> 01
C -> 02

This isn't really mentioned in the slides!

By: h3po on Aug. 24, 2011, 9:13 a.m.

i can't get the provided script to run and decided to just implement it myself
could someone please provide an encrypted text and the key so i can test my implementation?

By: Dano on Sept. 4, 2011, 5:14 a.m.

???

das PDF bekommst du doch auch?

By: Veselovský on Sept. 17, 2011, 2:46 p.m.

It took me quite long to determine what the program in Python is doing since I do not have this program language and do not know its syntax. It is quite a long program.
I made my own program in Mathematica and it was only three lines long and do exactly same as the given program.

By: fretty on Sept. 18, 2011, 7:44 p.m.

You don't need to look at the program to know what it is doing…the slides tell you it is a simple substitution/column transposition combination.

By: Witten on Dec. 14, 2011, 3:55 p.m.

I am enjoying the challenges on this site and am getting quite a bit of experience.

Basically I did it by hand and ended up with an "alphabet key". I converted the letters into hex via ASCII but for this challenge you have to use the conversion:

A -> 00
B -> 01
C -> 02

This isn't really mentioned in the slides!

Thanks Fretty!! you prevented me from destroying the pc by punching it!! Admin in the pdf file you wrote

"The solution of this challenge is the key, which has been used to
encrypt the given plaintext (you have to give it in hex format
without delimiter, also without the commonly used 0x prex in
front of hex values, for example 120a…)."

for me means use ascii to hex converter!! while you should have said what fretty said count from 0 = A to Z=19
in hex.
thanks for the challenge by the way! really enjoyed!
nathan

Re: Challenge  

By: julius on July 29, 2014, 10:27 a.m.

Hallo *,

habe Probleme bei der Eingabe des Keys. Das Format ist - meine ich - klar. Ich gebe ihn auch doppelt ein (einmal mit, einmal ohne Leerzeichen zwischen den beiden Versionen - klappt beides nicht).

Die Binärdatei "26key" kann ich erzeugen, und das Python-Programm liefert das korrekte Ergebnis. An fehlerhaften Werten für den Schlüssel scheint's also nicht zu liegen.

Hilfe ist willkommen [HTML_REMOVED]

julius

By: julius on July 29, 2014, 10:41 a.m.

Hallo *,

habe Probleme bei der Eingabe des Keys. Das Format ist - meine ich - klar. Ich gebe ihn auch doppelt ein (einmal mit, einmal ohne Leerzeichen zwischen den beiden Versionen - klappt beides nicht).

Die Binärdatei "26key" kann ich erzeugen, und das Python-Programm liefert das korrekte Ergebnis. An fehlerhaften Werten für den Schlüssel scheint's also nicht zu liegen.

Hilfe ist willkommen [HTML_REMOVED]

julius

Falls jemand seine Lösung noch hat: Hier sind
meine hash-Werte für "26key". Wäre schön, wenn jemand das verifizieren könnte.

RIPEMD160(26key)=
a410cc4eed5fe9706fa87fe68e50a99ebca85d6c

MD5(26key)= f3794e0fb8de28d427ee73c40c364429

SHA1(26key)= 63570d095b4dd572f139c5cdec9c9b5874f606ed

By: be on July 29, 2014, 8:43 p.m.

Hilfe ist willkommen [HTML_REMOVED] julius

Hallo julius,
bitten senden Sie mir die Lösungsdatei als Anhang. Ich schaue es mir gerne an. BE

By: be on Aug. 3, 2014, 9:04 p.m.

Hilfe ist willkommen [HTML_REMOVED] julius

Hallo julius,
bitten senden Sie mir die Lösungsdatei als Anhang. Ich schaue es mir gerne an. BE

Ihre Lösung war korrekt, danke, dass Sie sich meldeten – wir hatten eine falsche Verlinkung nach einem Software-Update. Sorry für die Umstände. Bitte geben Sie die Lösung nochmal ein, dann wird sie akzeptiert.

By: D3d4lu5 on June 20, 2017, 9:58 p.m.

Ich habe wie in der Aufgabenstellung beschrieben den Gesamtschlüssel als Konkatenation der beiden Teilschlüssel ohne Leerzeichen im Hexformat mit Minuskeln und ohne Präfixe wie z. B. 0x eingegeben (also z. B. 120a160f..). Der Hashwert meiner 26key-Binärdatei stimmt auch mit dem von julius überein.

Leider wird meine Eingabe aber nicht als korrekt akzeptiert.

By: be on June 25, 2017, 2:48 a.m.

Leider wird meine Eingabe aber nicht als korrekt akzeptiert.

I sent you a PM. So we'll can clarify this. Thanks, be

By: D3d4lu5 on July 6, 2017, 6:39 p.m.

Mit freundlicher Unterstützung von be wird meine Lösung nun vom System akzeptiert.

Allerdings scheint nicht ganz klar zu sein, was das Problem gewesen ist.

Eine fehlerhafte Eingabe meinerseits ist natürlich nicht ausgeschlossen, wobei ich initial mehrfache Eingabeversuche und Kontrollen unternommen hatte.

Jedenfalls wird meine Lösung nun - formatiert wie in meinem letzten Post beschrieben - akzeptiert. [HTML_REMOVED]

By: ExAstris on May 26, 2018, 8:18 p.m.

I am confused by the format of the answer that has to be input.

I solved the sub/xpo key.

I read the earlier posts, and entered my answer using the conversion A=00, B=01 …

If I understand correctly, both keys, which are identical, should be entered. So if I use the conversion above, the answer should be 104 digits long (26 characters x 2 digits) x 2 keys.

However, my answered was not accepted. Am I missing something?
The PDF still talks about the hex format, so which is it?

Thanks

———————————————————————–

EDIT: Got it!

It is very true that A=00, B=01; however K != 10, but K=0A !
So hex character yes, but not based on ascii values; the solution is hex values converted from the decimal values of the letters (A=0, .., Z=25).

I spent way more time figuring out the format of the answer than solving the challenge by hand!

So, I hope this helps others.

Currently 36 guests and 0 members are online.