Forum

Re: Challenge  

By: be on May 31, 2018, 3:28 p.m.

So, I hope this helps others.

Thanks for pointing this out. We delivered the Python code attached to the challenge, and thought this should be clear from there. But maybe we should have repeated it in the slides, too. Did you have a look at the Python code?

Re: Challenge  

By: ExAstris on May 31, 2018, 4:17 p.m.

No, I did not look at the python code. I wrote my own in C.

Re: Challenge "Kaskade-S/T — Part 1"  

By: RandyWaterhouse on April 14, 2022, 1:09 p.m.

I easily found the key and have a 26key file which reproduces the plaintext when used with the provided Python code. However, like many others, I have trouble with the format of the submission. I submitted a 104 character string of values in the range 00=A to 19=Z (no "0x" in front, all hex values padded to two digits, K=0A etc) which is rejected, lower or uppercase (for the letters A-F in hex numbers) doesn't matter. Could anyone who already solved this check my solution? Thanks!

By: tryone144 on April 14, 2022, 4 p.m.

Hi RandyWaterhouse,

there has been an issue with the verification logic of this particular challenge on our side. Your last two attempts were indeed correct but not detected as such. I've since fixed the problem and marked your solution as accepted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

By: RandyWaterhouse on April 15, 2022, 7:17 a.m.

Hi tryone144, thanks for fixing the verification process! I noticed that the challenge is now displayed as solved in my account. Happy Easter days to everybody!

By: rwst on Jan. 1, 2023, 6:47 p.m.

Again there seems to be a problem. My keyfile reproduces the given ciphertext using the given command line. The MD5 matches the one given in the forum. I applied the coding that was talked about here, i.e. two-digit lowercase hex like 120a.... (for S = 19-1 = 0x12, K = 11-1 = 0x0a). it is not accepted in lowercase hex, uppercase hex, or uppercase letters.

Please help.

By: newton on Jan. 1, 2023, 8:15 p.m.

@rwst The solution you submitted is correct. We are currently experiencing issues with the validation script and thus it was falsely rejected.

Sorry for the inconvenience! We will let you know when to resubmit shortly.

By: newton on Jan. 1, 2023, 8:53 p.m.

@rwst the issue is fixed! Please resubmit your solution.

By: rwst on Jan. 2, 2023, 9:16 a.m.

Thanks for your work!

Currently 17 guests and 0 members are online.