Forum

Challenge "Letter to the Templars — Part 1"  

By: admin on July 16, 2012, 9:09 p.m.

After the Order of the Templar has become very powerful, enviers try to crush it. The knights receive an encrypted letter but the key does not arrive. Does this letter contain the warning that would have saved the knights from being arrested?
Read more...

Last edited by: admin on Oct. 31, 2021, 2:55 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: Challenge  

By: Weltenwandlerin on Dec. 3, 2012, 5:10 p.m.

Ich habe die Lösung in folgender Form eingegeben ABC,DEF,GHI aber meine Lösung wird nicht akzeptiert. Hab ich was bei der Dechiffrierung falsch gemacht oder wird die Lösung anders eingegeben?

By: be on Dec. 3, 2012, 8:19 p.m.

Ich habe die Lösung in folgender Form eingegeben ABC,DEF,GHI aber meine Lösung wird nicht akzeptiert. Hab ich was bei der Dechiffrierung falsch gemacht oder wird die Lösung anders eingegeben?

Hallo,
vom Format her sieht das gut aus. Bitte senden Sie mir eine PM mit Ihrer Lösung, dann kann ich Ihnen einen Hinweis geben.
MfG BE

By: Andriolo on March 13, 2013, 4:17 p.m.

Hi all,
I've deciphered the message and I've got the names of the 3 cities.
I tried many times to enter the solution just like Weltenwandlerin but it always says that's something wrong… I think the problem is about the first city but I can't find the right method to write it…
Any hint?
Thanks,
Gianluca

By: aurelie on March 14, 2013, 12:32 p.m.

but I can't find the right method to write it…

Hi,
the 1st mistake I've noticed is that you use spaces but the challenge asks you to use "capital letters and separate the names only by commas".
I need to check the spelling of the names with another file and get back to your problem asap!

By: Andriolo on March 14, 2013, 1:52 p.m.

Hi,
the 1st mistake I've noticed is that you use spaces but the challenge asks you to use "capital letters and separate the names only by commas".

I tried without spaces but it said that was wrong! So I tried also with spaces… I was desperate! [HTML_REMOVED]

By: be on March 14, 2013, 3:49 p.m.

Hi all,
I've deciphered the message and I've got the names of the 3 cities.
I tried many times to enter the solution just like Weltenwandlerin but it always says that's something wrong… I think the problem is about the first city but I can't find the right method to write it…
Any hint?
Thanks,
Gianluca

Maybe it helps to say, that the first city has a length of 5 letters?

By: Andriolo on March 14, 2013, 5:27 p.m.

Maybe it helps to say, that the first city has a length of 5 letters?

Surely it helps!

I did other 2 attempts but nothing changed… [HTML_REMOVED]

But now I solved it – I've misunderstood the meaning of the phrase "To solve the challenge, please enter the three cities, that are mentioned in one sentence."

By: rocsci on April 12, 2013, 10:57 p.m.

But now I solved it – I've misunderstood the meaning of the phrase "To solve the challenge, please enter the three cities, that are mentioned in one sentence."

Still stuck, I believe that there are two words that you need to strip off to get the names of 3 cities. I tried to enter those with commas and no spaces and it did not work.
@Andriolo what did you intercept from that sentence? May be I'm doing the same mistake as you
By the way, first city I've found has 5 letters.

By: rocsci on April 18, 2013, 8:51 p.m.

Still stuck, I believe that there are two words that you need to strip off to get the names of 3 cities. I tried to enter those with commas and no spaces and it did not work.
@Andriolo what did you intercept from that sentence? May be I'm doing the same mistake as you
By the way, first city I've found has 5 letters.

I got it right later. Make sure you do 'ALL CAPS', I'd initially submitted first letter caps and that is how the deciphered text is formatted.
So answer needs to be 'ABC,DEF,GHI' and not 'Abc, Def, Ghi'.
Thanks @be

By: e195633 on Jan. 6, 2014, 12:40 a.m.

I have tried all the combinations (with capital letters, without spaces and changing the position of cities) but it is not working.

By: aurelie on Jan. 7, 2014, 3:47 p.m.

I have tried all the combinations (with capital letters, without spaces and changing the position of cities) but it is not working.

Hello,
I've checked the solutions you submitted so far: capital letters and no spaces is fine, the position of the cities is correct as well, however the first city/word is not (entirely) correct.

I hope this helps to solve the challenge!

By: RandyWaterhouse on July 29, 2019, 3:01 p.m.

Wo ist der Witz bei dieser Challenge? Da die Schlüssellänge bekannt ist und nur 2 ist, gibt es genau eine nicht-triviale Möglichkeit für den Schlüssel (12 würde nur den Klartext wiedergeben)?!?

By: be on July 30, 2019, 7:10 p.m.

Wo ist der Witz bei dieser Challenge? Da die Schlüssellänge bekannt ist und nur 2 ist, gibt es genau eine nicht-triviale Möglichkeit für den Schlüssel (12 würde nur den Klartext wiedergeben)?!?

Teil 1 dieser Serie war der Einstieg in eine Serie von Transpositions-Chiffren. Beim Einstieg geht es darum, dass man auch als Anfänger das Prinzip erkennt und den Text genau liest. Wir wissen, dass es nicht schwierig war, aber deshalb ist es ja auch in Level 1. Als das noch nicht so gehandhabt wurde, haben uns Teilnehmer immer mal wieder gebeten, den Einstieg bei Serien leicht zu machen, damit mehr Leute mitmachen können.

By: glasshopper on Oct. 6, 2020, 10:29 p.m.

The Challenge states – "The letter was written in English."

The Cipher Text clearly deciphers to German…

What am I missing? Important to me because
I don't speak German!!

Currently 23 guests and 0 members are online.