Forum

Challenge "Modified Vigenère Cipher"  

By: admin on Jan. 24, 2022, 11:56 a.m.

This cipher is a new take on the well-known Vigenère cipher. It has been designed to fix its "brother's" weaknesses. Can you find another weakness?
Read more...

Re: Challenge "Modified Vigenère Cipher"  

By: silva on Feb. 25, 2022, 8:04 p.m.

Hi everybody, At first sight this seems to be a fairly simple challenge, but the opposite is true. It is a really hard one. I eventually managed to solve it, after 3 weeks trying several ways of attack and a lot of frustration.
In my opinion it should be a level 2 challenge, instead of level 1. Until today only 4 other people solved it, and probably more are still working on it. What do you think about the level? Looking forward to opinions of others. Silva

By: seafischer on April 30, 2022, 12:56 p.m.

Hello silva, thank you, for pointing this out. We looked into this and came to the same conclusion as you did. We have raised the diffuculty of this challenge to level 2. Kind regards, seafischer

By: silva on May 2, 2022, 1:15 p.m.

Hi Seafisher, Thank you for your response. I think it's a good decision. It would be nice and correct to adjust also the points to a level 2 challenge for those who have solved it so far. Thanks, Silva

By: Theofanidis on June 3, 2022, 5:31 p.m.

Dear seafischer, Thanks for doing such a great work As sarah b silva has commented in a previous post, it is used - according to MTC3 policy (unless it has changed) - that when a challenge is upgraded or degraded, the points that were awarded before that time are rearranged accordingly. So i think that the first 5 solvers [Alain Collignon (vexilla72), Michael (FoM), sarah b (silva), George (Theofanidis) - me, and Dominik M. (Sgt. Pepper)], that solved it as a Level I should be awarded Level II points, as it happened for the next 2 solvers [George Lasry (george4096) and Dr. Peter Uelkes (RandyWaterhouse)]. Thanks in advance for having this into MTC3 consideration. Kind Regards, George Theofanidis.

By: Theofanidis on July 11, 2022, 3:06 p.m.

Dear MTC3 team Thanks for updating given points for this challenge Keep doing an excellent work King Regards, George Theofanidis

Currently 20 guests and 0 members are online.