Forum

Challenge "News from Castle Mansfeld"  

By: admin on Nov. 13, 2015, 12:43 p.m.

The story of the simple bookseller Paul from Eisleben and his beloved from the near Castle Mansfeld will be continued: A second postcard has been found.

Can you decipher the encrypted message?
Read more...

Last edited by: admin on Oct. 31, 2021, 2:55 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: Challenge  

By: Ossili on Nov. 14, 2015, 7:23 p.m.

I think i got the right answer. But it is not accepted.
Could you please check, why my answers are not accepted.

See my PM, please.

Kind regards.

Andreas

By: Ossili on Nov. 14, 2015, 9:58 p.m.

Sorry, but your have to check all the incoming solutions.
I solved this challange a few hours ago, but my solution was not accepted..
Possibly im not third one, but please check the answers from
the other six participants, who tried to solve before me.

Kind regards

Andreas

By: Yokozuna on Nov. 14, 2015, 10:23 p.m.

Now my solution has been accepted but I got only 150 points. But because I entered the correct solution already yesterday (but has not been accepted) it should be 200 points. Some of the other solvers should also get 200 points.

Kind regards
Yokozuna

Challenge: neues aus Mansfeld. No reaktion from Admin ???  

By: Ossili on Nov. 18, 2015, 12:54 p.m.

Hallo Houston,

anyone there ????

Andreas

By: Scatha on Nov. 18, 2015, 3:03 p.m.

Hello,

sorry for this mistake: Everyone who entered the correct solution at the time we corrected the fault got the 200 points by now.

Best regards,
Scatha

By: Yokozuna on Nov. 19, 2015, 10:42 a.m.

Sorry, I entered the solution only a few minutes after I received the mail, that an error has been corrected. If I understand you right, I should have gotten then 200 points but I got only 150 points. I suppose that this is due to the fact, that the publishing time has not been adjusted to the time of correction of the error.

Beside this the order of solvers is not the same as it would have been without the error and even in the case of an appropriate time adjustment we would not have the same order of solvers as without error.

We had until now already many challenges with the same problem, namely that the correct answer has not been accepted after the publication (in my opinion too often). To avoid in the future all the trouble caused by such errors I would therefore suggest, that a short test should be made before the publication of a new challenge to confirm, that the correct answer will be accepted. I assume, that such a test will take only a few minutes of time but this time is well-invested.

Best regards
Yokozuna

Re: Challenge "News from Castle Mansfeld"  

By: be on Nov. 19, 2015, 5:09 p.m.

We had until now already many challenges with the same problem, namely that the correct answer has not been accepted after the publication (in my opinion too often). To avoid in the future all the trouble caused by such errors I would therefore suggest, that a short test should be made before the publication of a new challenge to confirm, that the correct answer will be accepted.

Hello Yokozuna,
you are completely right. I asked the current student admin of MTC3, to act exactly so in the future: Use a test user, enter a correct solution and make sure it's accepted; and then delete the test user afterwards. Yes, this time is well-invested to avoid disappointment and double work on both sites. Thanks for your patience and your clear words.
We'll also take care to correct the awarded points.

By: tsjcrypto on Nov. 20, 2015, 12:20 p.m.

Hello,

The awarded points were corrected.

Best regards,
tsjcrypto

By: Yokozuna on Nov. 20, 2015, 1:49 p.m.

Many thanks to be and his team!

Currently 22 guests and 0 members are online.